Essay Competition: Camp Experience 2009 to Grant Scholarships
In 2009, one of the American Camps started the promotion of essay competitions among the students and pupils of different age categories. The essay competition was based on the introduction of subject and age categories with three winning essays within each of them.
The essay competition gave an opportunity to students demonstrating their writing skills and experience through marvelous papers, Camp American managed to present the following age categories in essay competition:
The topics within the essay competition program were the following:
- Independence Declaration;
- The Environment;
- The Second Amendment;
- Church Separation and Religious Freedom;
Every age category had its topic to be covered in accordance with the identified requirements.
It is necessary to stress that Camp American identified special rules and limitations to the essay competition requirements. The age categories 7-12 were to present the essay without exceeding 1000 words, while all other categories were not to exceed 3000 words.
Other requirements of the essay competition were the following:
- The text should be double-spaced;
- The title page should cover the essay name, student’s name, age, address and school’s name;
- The participants should thoroughly proofread the essay correcting grammar, spelling and lexical mistakes;
- The winners of the essay competition should demonstrate perfect content reflecting all the aspects of the topic making it specific and interesting.
The experience of Camp American essay competition 2009 managed to demonstrate perfect writing skills of many children; this appeared to be the first step to organization of mass education competitions. All the first prize winners 2009 got $25.00 cash prizes being a tuition scholarship to the camp.